Yahoo! Hacks: Tips and Tools for Living on the Web Frontier.
Book format: An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Publisher: O'Reilly Media: 1 edition (27 Oct. 2005)
By: Paul Bausch (Author)
Yahoo! took the world by storm in the 1990s as a one-of-a-kind, searchable list of interesting web sites. But ten years later, it has expanded into a department store overflowing with useful and innovative tools and services-from email, blogging, social networking, and instant messaging, to news, financial markets, shopping, movie and TV listings, and much more. Today's Yahoo! keeps you connected with every aspect of your life and every corner of the Web.
Yahoo! Hacks shows you how to use, expand, personalize, and tweak Yahoo! in ways you never dreamed possible. You'll learn how to:
- Fine-tune search queries with keyword shortcuts and advanced syntax
- Manage and customize Yahoo! Mail, using it as your universal email client to access all your other accounts
- Explore your social networks with Yahoo! 360, blogging your life, keeping up with friends, and making new contacts
- Store, sort, blog, feed, track, and otherwise share photos with Flickr and RSS
- Make My Yahoo! your Yahoo!, and personalize Yahoo!'s many properties
- Roll your own Yahoo! applications with Yahoo! new Web Services API and Perl, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, or the programming language of your choice
- Visualize search results and topics, mash up images from around the Web, and remix other web content
- List (or hide) your site with Yahoo!, and integrate Yahoo! Groups, Messenger, contextual search (Y!Q), or other Yahoo! features
Whether you want to become a power searcher, news monger, super shopper, or innovative web developer, Yahoo! Hacks provides the tools to take you further than you ever thought possible.
|The message text:|