Supporting Children with Multiple Disabilities.
Book format: An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Publisher: Bloomsbury 3PL: 2nd Revised edition edition (1 Feb. 2007)
By: Michael Mednick (Author)
Supporting Children with Multiple Disabilities addresses the growing needs of professionals in a variety of educational settings, and provides a practical support framework for children, professionals and parents.
Techniques and methods are explored, leading the reader to find a range of keys that will empower them to unlock the door of learning for all multiple-disabled children.
Chapters focus on:
- Assessing children's abilities
- Possible problems of children with multiple disabilities
- Facilitating access to appropriate learning environments
- Supporting and including children with multiple disabilities in the classroom
- Developing mobility and motor skills
- Facilitating effective communication
- Developing a multi-sensory curriculum
- Facilitating access to the National Curriculum in mainstream education
This second edition has been updated throughout and now includes information on the Signalong signing system, visual timetables, personal passports, baseline assessment and P scales, learning resources and new technology.
This is an invaluable guide for all who work with multiple-disabled children.
|The message text:|